Thursday, September 4, 2008

Countdown to Hyderabad: 5 days

I leave on  Monday at 1:20 a.m. (technically then I guess that's Tuesday) and will be in transit for 36 hours. I'll make a stop in Hong Kong (1.5 hours only) to fuel & clean the plane, then on to Singapore. I have a 9 hour layover in Singapore. Because we're flying Business Class and have a long layover, Singapore Airlines is providing free rooms at a hotel IN the airport for us. So I hope to call home, nap, shower, change clothes AND take a free cab tour of the city. Oh and probably work too in the lounge. Then, another 4-5 hour flight to Hyderabad. That will put me in Hyderabad at noon Pacific time on Wednesday, but midnight India Standard Time (IST). I'll call home again from the hotel. In between, when I can't call, I plan to "twitter" my updates, so you'll see them on the right side of this blog.

There will be a driver from the hotel to meet us at the airport, and take us to the hotel. I'm staying at the Ella Suites, check it out.  And yes, I do plan to use that pool. :) 

Here's a video of Hyderabad I found on uTube. With only 8 days in the country I won't get to see half of this stuff, but I will take a LOT of pictures.

No comments: