Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sleepwalker

Last night about 9:30, an hour and a half after the girls went to bed, Sophie stumbled into the living room, mumbling.  We asked her what was wrong, and she wouldn't really answer, she looked odd too.  I asked her if she wanted a drink of water & as Laura picked her up she said "Yes, but I don't want to....." and burst out crying!  

We tried to put her in her bed, but something was obviously wrong, so I told her I'd lie down with her in my bed & took her there.  Laura set her down and she shouted, "BUT DON'T SQUISH ME!" and sat bolt upright in bed, stretched her arms out in front of her and screamed "MAAAAAMAAAA!" WHILE I WAS HOLDING HER AND HAD MY ARMS WRAPPED AROUND HER.   I asked if she could see me, she said yes, but wasn't looking at me.  She was terrified, and sobbing!  

Laura turned the hallway light on and that seemed to snap her out of it.  Her face changed, like a light went on inside her head.  She took a drink of water and settled down in my bed.  I tried to talk to her, find out if she had a bad dream, a bad day, had anything to talk about.  She said no.  We took her temperature, it was normal. 

About 45 minutes later she was sleeping again.  I got up to use the bathroom, and she got up AGAIN.  Didn't do anything weird this time, just came into the bathroom.  I took her back to my bed.  She laid awake but quiet for probably another hour.  

Definitely WEIRD. Neither kid has ever sleep-walked before, which is what we assume that was.  They never even have bad dreams.  It totally freaked us out.  Weird night. 

No comments: