Thursday, September 17, 2009

Is it too soon for Halloween??

Yes, I'm aware that September has barely begun, school just started, and it's still summer weather outside.  But none of that will stop me from getting excited about Halloween.  Next to Christmas, it's my favorite holiday.  What's not to love about dressing up, scaring people, all the candy you can eat, and a good excuse for a party?

I've grown especially fond of Halloween potlucks, and creating ghoulish Halloween dishes.  Texas Chainsaw Chili? Count me in!  Bar-b-qued Bat Wings? Yes, please. Feet of Meat? Well, even I'm not sure about that one. 

But let me take you back to last year, and my winning potluck dish.  Seriously, if you haven't read this recipe for the world's best Halloween cake, you should; it's unbelievably awesome in it's Halloweenie-ness.  And here's the proof that I won the potluck.

I don't know what I'm making this year yet, but it's guaranteed to be good devilishly awesome.  Just wanted you to know I'm thinking about it; I hope you are too!

Oh, and if you want to make the Feet of Meat shown above, I'll spare you the completely-not-Halloween-related results you get by googling "Feet" and "Meat" together and just give you the link to the recipe here.  Seriously, don't google it at work. You've been warned.

No comments: