Thursday, June 25, 2009

MJ and Farrah??

Wow two icons from my youth passing in one day - one from the 70's & one from the 80's. I have such clear memories of them being present / on TV all the time when I was young.

I LOVED Charlie's Angels - (who didn't?!). Man - Farrah's hair - we all wanted Farrah's hair, didn't we? And then later, much later, it became a joke to have a "Farrah doo" - but even then, who wouldn't have loved her hair? It's sad she had to suffer so long.

When I was really little I also LOVED the Jackson 5. I had their big album - "Do Re Me - it's easy as 1,2,3" Loved them! I wasn't so much of a Michael fan later (I must be the only person on the planet who didn't own the Thriller album) but I certainly always thought he had incredible talent. His is of course also a sad story, I can't even imagine what happened to him in his childhood to make such a lifetime quest out of transforming himself so completely from his roots, and to develop such inappropriate relationships/behaviors with children. I feel for his children and wonder who will take care of them.

These icons passing makes me feel OLD, and sad. I hugged the girls a little tighter today when I got home.

No comments: