Friday, June 26, 2009

In other news...

...the girls couldn't go to swim practice on Thursday due to an AFR. Don't know what an AFR is? Me neither until we got the email from the swim club. Why it's none other than an Accidental Fecal Release in the pool. Yes it is. No, I am not kidding. It's got it's own sanitized sounding acronym and everything. Is that better than just coming out with "a kid pooped in the pool"? Really, is it? Poop is poop, no matter what you call it.

Apparently it required closing the pool for the day to dump untold amounts of toxic chemicals into the water to disinfect it. I'm sure tomorrow it will be like the pools used to be - back in my day - when you swam for an hour and then couldn't smell for a week due to the chlorine burns in your nostrils. Eh. The girls will be fine. Builds character.

No word on who the AFR offender is. I'm sure Laura will get the gossip at swim practice tomorrow about which little urchin accidentally doodied in the pool. If not, we could start a rumor I suppose.

And yes, I realize this is the first new information I've posted here in two weeks. Yup. Doody in the pool. Never a dull moment here in Castro Valley! You missed me didn't you?

No comments: