Thursday, May 8, 2008

First Post!

What could be more intimidating than your first blog post? Blank pages in Word or an editing software are nothing compared to blank blog pages!

Such pressure. Write something witty, interesting, compelling. Who could manage that in a first post? But then who will read a first post besides me anyway? So....stop stressing, right? Right.

So why start a blog? Over the past 6 months I've been drawn into the world of "mommy bloggers" and been really engaged in what I've read. I don't know exactly how it started, but I remember the order of blogs I got hooked on. First came Breed Em and Weep. I got drawn into Jenn's tales of invading mice and piles of dog poo. Laughing out loud, tears running down my face at the stories of her ridiculously pooping dogs. From there I found John Cusak's wife Bossy, her neuroses, and headless barbie movie reenactments. Next came Pioneer Woman and her metric tons of butter. I couldn't possibly cook like that and still fit in my pants, and yet, I'm addicted to her recipe blog. And finally Dooce. I came for the balancing dog, and stayed for the spiritual guidance.

And through these blogs, these women, these moms, I realized there was a forum, an audience, and an outlet for "mommy bloggers" where you didn't have to "just" write about little Timmy's daily exploits.

So, that's where I find myself. Looking for a place to jot down my thoughts, and perhaps connect with other moms, other lesbians, maybe other lesbian moms, on random topics, which may or may not include my kids.

First post done. That wasn't so bad.

No comments: