Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Creepy


Today ZoZo lost her first tooth!  It's 7 months since her twin sister lost her first one, which is surprising since aside from coming out first, it's about the only thing Sophie ever did first.  

Zo's got a huge cavernous hole where her front lower tooth used to be. The new one was coming in behind it, so we were calling her Shark Girl.  

She was so excited. Also today, and equally as exciting, Zo guessed the contents of the "Mystery Box" in school, and thus, it is her turn to take it home and place an item in it for the Kindergardeners to play 20 questions about.  I almost had her convinced to put the tooth in the box! The only that stopped her is that Sophie heard us talking about it and would have known. Drat. A tooth in the mystery box would have been way cool. 

But then - what to do about the tooth fairy? Would she have been OK waiting a day for the tooth to be placed under the pillow?  I think Zoe was concerned as well. So the tooth went under the pillow, and I still don't know what's in the mystery box; she won't tell anyone.  Hopefully it's not embarrassing.

10 minutes after putting them to bed, Zoe calls me back to her room.

Zoe: I'm afraid of things I can't see.

Sophie: Zoe's afraid of things she can't see. I told her the Tooth Fairy was nice though.

Zoe: I've never seen a unicorn or a fairy or a witch or ghost, and if I haven't seen them, they scare me.

Me: Oh, well the Tooth Fairy is little.

Sophie: Yeah, she smaller than your tooth.  

Me (in my head): She is? Who knew? How does she carry the teeth then??

Me (out loud): And she never pulls your hair, or tickles you, or picks your nose.  She's only interested in the tooth under your pillow.  I wonder what she does with all those teeth?

Sophie: Maybe she makes a necklace. (eew)

Zoe: Or a skirt. (double eew)

Zoe: I think it's Creepy.

Me: Well, we haven't seen Rudolph in person but...

Sophie: Oh yeah, and he's definitely REAL. 

Me: But we know he's not creepy.

Zoe: Well we saw his nose one night, remember? The red light moving across the sky. It was kind of creepy.

Me: Hmmm. But he's nice though.

Zoe: Creepy. Creeeepy. Creep. Y. Creepy. 

Me:  I'm sure the Tooth Fairy will not bother you. Go to bed.

Zoe: Creepy.

Me: Good night.

Sophie: Good night.

Zoe: Good night. Creepy.

Come to think of it, what does she do with all those teeth?? It IS a little creepy. 




No comments: