Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Updates

There's been a lot going on for me at work lately. That's primarily the reason why I haven't posted much to this blog lately. I purposefully don't write about work here since it's a personal blog, and well, frankly I don't want to get dooced. Let's just sufice it to say that sometimes being part of management is infinitely harder than being part of the rank & file. Tough communications this week, tough discussions, tough changes going on. Tough to hold the team together through all of it, keep the focus and keep motivated. I can't wait for this week to be over.

And because all this was going on, it makes perfect sense that this would also be the week that Sophie got a stomach virus and puked all over my arm. And bed. And slippers. And bathmat and hallway rug. At midnight. And then again at 2 a.m. And 3:00. And again at 4:00. On the day that I needed to get up at 5:00 a.m. for meetings. Laura took over the 9 a.m. through 11 a.m. puke o'rama shifts.

And it's also the week that swim team practice starts. Of course.

Did I mention that I can't wait for this week to be over? Oh, and it's only Tuesday.

The good news is that although Soph is still sick, she's now keeping food down, so getting somewhat better. And at least Laura, Zoe and I haven't gotten it. Yet anyway. It is only Tuesday though.

No comments: